Prayer Requests 1/22/2021
Tim and Priscilla Ives - Chihuahua, Mexico
· Pray for Priscilla's recovery from the C section. Some days are harder than others.
· Pray the kids will catch up on their homeschooling.
· After much prayer, Tim is taking a semester off. Pray 1) they will trust the Lord for their financial needs, 2) he can help catch the kids up on their homeschooling, 3) he can help more with the baby, and 4) be able to raise up leaders in the church.
· Pray for future open doors at the university.
· Pray for the church. They're returning to church in person.
· Pray people will get involved.
· Need a new building for church. Currently raising funds for the new building. Would like to be in there in 3-6 months.
· Needs wisdom and direction to reach Chihuahua and the university. Wants God to do it in a way that everyone knows it's Him and not them.
Punkaj & Tonielle Sarkar - Kathmandu, Nepal
· Need to find a testing place with quick results for travelling that's not expensive.
· Got a hold of the embassy, but there's a current issue with Pankaj that might require him to fly to Nepal via India. Praying that won't be necessary.
· Praying for protection of the family from Covid.
· Ministry opened last Sunday. Need wisdom and provision for all the ministries.
Rajiv KC - Kathmandu, Nepal
· Need guidance when to start Bible College
· Need wisdom for all the leaders and how to move forward
· Need wisdom and direction for the coffee shop, how to reach the people
· Master Class
· Continued healing of his back.
· Praying his Dad gets saved.
· Continued protection on his sister and her citizenship paperwork.
Jon and Allison Brechtel - Oaxaca Mexico
· Allison and the kids are back.
Jon has Covid. Praying he will be healed and that he can get Covid meds quickly.
Praying James who was just in Oaxaca doesn't get it.
Protection for Allison and boys that they won't get Covid.
The Church won't be driven by fear because of Covid.
Need prayer to work out the Facebook streaming issues they're having.
Jon's dad who's 69 had a clean MRI, he's having a spinal tap next. Praying for a treatable diagnosis and salvation.
Prayer for Allison's grandmother. She’s not doing well with dementia.
Cal and Jessie Stubner, Managua, Nicaragua
· Covid quarantine ending for Cal.
· He's getting his strength back.
· The Children's center is coming along. That space will also be used by the men's ministry.
· No one has died of Covid yet in the church body.
· They're back in church this Sunday.
· Trying to get people that are online into church. People are fearful.
· Pray for Cal to have a complete healing. Feels good but has a little low energy.
Paul and Elizabeth Johnson - Rwanda
· Kigali is on strict lockdown. They have to get permission to go to the market. Pray they get their permission.
· They'd like to get enough food to give to others, especially their mechanic friend.
· Praying two students, Peter and Leandro will be used in ministry with Paul and Elizabeth.
· Praying the Rolindo property paperwork will get resolved so that they can purchase it and stop renting.
· Looking for flights to Canada. They need to remain healthy for flight there and back. Will return in August.
· While in Canada, Paul needs to 1) renew his Canadian driver's license, 2) get proof of Grade 12, 3) visit his mom and 4) process his brother's funeral.
· Praying they get released from being involved in the Early Children Development Centers and not jeopardize the registration of Calvary Chapel.
· Pray for Paul’s knees. He needs both knees replaced.
Mike and Sherill Sedillo, Naluko, Uganda
· Sherill leaves for Africa 2/2/21. Pray Sherill will get the Covid test and results in time for her flight.
· Trying to get business taxes done before she leaves. Lost all of her data entry. Needs the time to reconstruct the accounting. Pray she gets it done before she leaves and that nothing will be left out.
· Needs wisdom and provision for the in-patient expansion
· Praying for an ultrasound tech, anesthesiologist, and nurse.
· Solar installation still has not been finalized. Pray they will get a quote in their budget.
· Pray for Mike who will remain in California.
Gary and Carol Kusunoki Prayer:
· They're taking February to pray for wisdom and direction. Pray that would hear clearly from God on their next steps.
Mark and Isabelle Secor - Apache Indian Reservation in Arizona
· Mark found a free wood source to provide fire wood to those that need it on the reservation.
· Aida and mom were not afraid before the surgery. Mom did well during the surgery.
· Aida's surgery went well. Doctors think they got it all. Initial biopsies will come in tomorrow.
· Mark's 88 year old father is having back surgery February 9th. Praying for a good outcome and healing.
· Praying for 8 yo Aida's recovery from brain surgery that there would be no damage from the tumor or the surgery and no infection or cancer.
· That those on the reservation addicted to drugs and alcohol would be delivered by God
· That the Holy Spirit would do a great work on the reservation.
Luis and Karol Sanchez - Antigua, Guatemala Prayer:
Pray for our new semester of Bible College starts Jan 28.
Charles and Levenia Jjagwe - Buwama, Uganda
· God's provision for the completion of the Clinic to share the Gospel to patients and their attendants
· Praying for a worship leader and instrumentist for the worship ministry
· Wisdom and God's leading in the new work at Buwama
· Provision and protection upon the church and their family.
Nathan and Dani Cate - Sao Paola, Brazil
1. Pray for Bible school and that the students would grow in the Lord.
2. Pray for wisdom and direction for both the ministry and for our family. We feel a stirring that the Lord has something new on the horizon.
3. Please pray for Jeremiah and his health. Nathan, Jer, Grace, and Hope will be making a very quick trip to the states from January 22-30th. They will have 10 doctor appointments while they are there. Including an appointment for Jer with his Neurosurgeon and a MRI.
Pete and Kendra Randall - Edmonton, Canada
· Biggest prayer requests are: 1) that God’s people would have the joy of the Lord. 2) a place for us to meet for church
Irám and Mayra Perez Tijuana, Mexico
· Pray for Mayra's pregnancy.
· Pray for their living situation.
Chris Martinez - Tijuana, Mexico
· Wisdom to deal with Covid.
· Pray for next Chaplaincy program
Juventine and Elizabeth Emuku, Soroti, Uganda
· Students will be returning to Bible School. Praying for open hearts to be discipled.
· Pray for safe delivery of the ultrasound. Need an ultrasound tech.
· Pray for the land court case to be resolved. It has been postponed to 3/31/21.