Prayer Requests & Praise Reports 1/28/21
Charles and Levenia Jjagwe - Buwama, Uganda
· Went through elections with peace prevailing
· Thanking God 14 people received Christ as Savior
· People are responding to the verse by verse Bible teaching
· Elections are being contested, so praying peace will prevail on the 2/3/21 election.
· Praying God would grow the new believers and give them strength.
· Praying for more souls to receive Jesus.
· Pray for people because they are really afraid and that no harm would come to the church or Charles' family.
· Lots of people are sick and praying they can meet all the needs at the clinic and share Christ.
· Praying for a worship leader and instrumentist for the worship ministry.
· Pray for the salvation of the witch doctor that requested Charles to pray for his healing. He has not made a decision for Christ yet. Worried about the response he'll get from his clan.
Tim and Priscilla Ives - Chihuahua, Mexico
· Pray for Priscilla's recovery from the C section. She's not recovering like the previous C sections. She needs to rest.
· Tim has taken over the kids homeschooling. Pray they catch up.
· Pray they find balance between the church and family life since the birth of their baby.
· Pray for their search for a new church building.
· Pray for the reopening of the church this Sunday and those that will also continue with the online church.
Mike and Sherill Sedillo, Naluko, Uganda
Sherill was able to complete all the data re-entry for her 2020 accounting to get her taxes done.
Solar installation amount exceeded their budget and someone has come forward to pay the balance. Still praying they choose the right Solar Installation company.
They made the decision to be an International NGO. It will allow them to have one board instead of two. Praying for the attorney that's doing all the paperwork. Also prayers for the Uganda board to understand, be in agreement with the decision, and not create roadblocks.
Women are travelling to give birth at Hearts4Africa. 21 babies have been born in 2021.
· Sherill leaves for Uganda next Tuesday, 2/2/21.
· Praying Covid tests come back negative.
· Praying travel goes smoothly with all the connecting flights.
· Needs wisdom and provision for the in-patient expansion.
· Praying for an ultrasound tech, anesthesiologist, and nurse.
· Wants to be patient and seek the Lord on everything. There's so many needs at the hospital.
· Praying for an assistant for Sherill.
· Sherill arrives 2/3/21, which is an election day. Praying the area remains peaceful.
· They need more rooms and housing for visiting teams.
· Praying for the timing of the solar install, so that Mike V is able to be there for it.
Jon and Allison Brechtel - Oaxaca Mexico
Jon's step-mother said his father is doing absolutely wonderful. The doctor still doesn't know what’s wrong but he will probably go back to work in about two weeks.
Jon is having a mild case of Covid.
Jon is in Day 8 or 9 of his quarantine. Still is tired from being sick and needs to be able to focus on his Bible Studies.
Jon would like to get back to eating healthy again.
Praying for the church to come back and not be afraid.
Praying for Sunday service.
Praying for the Navigator discipleship program.
Praying they get all their FaceBook sound difficulties worked out.
Allison is praying for the best day to restart the women's ministry. They'll be studying Philippians and were able to get the curriculum in Spanish and for free.
Cal and Jessica Stubner, Managua, Nicaragua
· Jessica is excited to be back to teaching in person.
· The Children's ministry building is almost complete.
· Praying Cal's fatigue from Covid would end.
· Needs to clean two containers for ministry
· People are afraid to return to church.
· Needs wisdom to restart men's ministry
· Needs wisdom to restart elementary school.
Paul and Elizabeth Johnson - Rwanda
· Kigali may be entering another strict lockdown. Praying they can complete the construction before they leave for Canada because they'll be gone about four months and possibly leaving mid-April.
· Praying for their ministry leaders because they may be reopening the church while Paul and Elizabeth are in Canada. Praying there will be no jealousies or contentions.
· Praying they get released from being involved in the Early Children Development Centers and not jeopardize the registration of Calvary Chapel.
· Pray for Paul’s knees. He needs both knees replaced.
Gary and Carol Kusunoki Prayers:
They're taking February to pray for wisdom and direction.
Not sure if they are to operate independently or under another ministry
Mark and Isabelle Secor - Apache Indian Reservation in Arizona
· Arizona Covid deaths and hospitalizations are falling rapidly. Praying the reservation will open fully soon.
· Still don't know the results of Aida's biopsies. Praying for her to sit up and get restrengthened so she can go home to the treatment center.
· That those on the reservation addicted to drugs and alcohol would be delivered by God
· That the Holy Spirit would do a great work on the reservation.
· Mark's 88 year old father is having back surgery February 9th. Praying for a good outcome and healing.
Punkaj & Tonielle Sarkar - Kathmandu, Nepal
· Praying for negative Covid tests.
· Praying for travelling mercies as they are flying back to Nepal on Sunday, January 31.
Rajiv KC - Kathmandu, Nepal
· Master Class
· Continued healing of his back.
· Praying his Dad gets saved.
· Continued protection on his sister and her citizenship paperwork.
Juventine and Elizabeth Emuku, Soroti, Uganda
· Students will be returning to Bible School. Praying for open hearts to be discipled.
· Pray for safe delivery of the ultrasound. Need an ultrasound tech.
· Pray for the land court case to be resolved. It has been postponed to 3/31/21.
Luis and Karol Sanchez - Antigua, Guatemala Prayers:
Praying for the new semester of Bible College that started Jan 28.
Nathan and Dani Cate - Sao Paola, Brazil
1. Pray for Bible school and the students.
2. Pray for wisdom and direction for both the ministry and for our family. They feel like the Lord is redirecting them.
3. Please pray for Jeremiah and his health. Nathan, Jer, Grace, and Hope will be making a very quick trip to the states from January 22-30th. They will have 10 doctor appointments while they are there. Including an appointment for Jer with his Neurosurgeon and a MRI.
Pete and Kendra Randall - Edmonton, Canada
· Biggest prayer requests are: 1) that God’s people would have the joy of the Lord. 2) a place for us to meet for church
Irám and Mayra Perez Tijuana, Mexico
· Pray for Mayra's pregnancy.
· Pray for their living situation.
Chris Martinez - Tijuana, Mexico
· Wisdom to deal with Covid.
· Pray for next Chaplaincy program